Thursday, June 28, 2007

What a Trip!

On Monday we returned from our ten day excursion through Minnesota and South Dakota. From Caddie Woodlawn's house to ChesterCon, from Mt. Rushmore to the Badlands, from friend's house to another friend's house and all the way back home this trip has been incredible.

ChesterCon: I met: Dr. Thursday, Dale, Laura and Julian Ahlquist, Aidan Mackey, Geir Hasnes, Robert Moore-Jumonville, Kurt Griffen.... and dozens of other wonderful people whose names I unfortunately do not know. I also had the opportunity to spend time with old friends such as Mrs. Brown and the Daly family. And the talks were wonderful too! As was getting a standing ovation after I recited my piece from the Ballad of the White Horse, I still can't believe it. Wow what an amazing conference, I really, really, really, really, really hope to go next year.

South Dakota: We saw Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands, De Smet, the Geology Museum, EROS, The Air and Space Museum.... and had a simply marvelous time with friends whom we VERY seldom see.

I will probably post with more details later, but that's all for now folks.

No comments: